Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Learning to Stay at Home ~

I have the joy of staying at home now.  Really for two reasons:  one, I didn't want to start a teaching job in the middle of the year and two, we don't have a babysitter for the baby!  Good reason, I just don't want her to stay with just anyone, and I really don't know anyone yet.  That is a project for a rainy day, or when I feel led to do so.


Well after a month the house, should look like the inside of a Better Homes and Garden magazine. 



This was a model home by Lennar, we looked at.
 Well it doesn't...I have never been one of those domestic goddesses that spend their waking hours cleaning and everything has a place or its gone.   Some days I wish I was a little more like that, but I would rather be cooking, playing with the kids, or let's face it reading blogs and playing on Pinterest.  An addict yes I am!


I did however bake cookies with the two girls yesterday afternoon and I must say that I am rather pleased with myself.  Here is what we made:






Pink Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

I saw the recipe on Pinterest and it led me to the Life Is Sweets website, so we had to try them.  I used the peanut butter cookie recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook and adapted it a little.  Here are a few pictures from our day!


pink peanut butter cookie dough

A little too much coloring!


I will get the fower for you mom!


Kenzie cleaning up...


An attempt at cleaning... the child is addicted to cleanup wipes.


The finished project...we were rather pleased.  The peanut butter cookies themselves were the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment