Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Today is the end of Mardi Gras and is more commonly known as Fat Tuesday!  This really wouldn't have made a hill of beans to me, except for the fact that we went to NOLA this past August for Aunt Sarah's wedding.   We loved the city and really felt that there were a lot of similarities with Charleston. 

Anyways we decided to have our own Fat Tuesday celebration, with our very own King Cake~

I bought this mix while we were in NOLA.

The kit was very self explanatory and included just about everything one would need.  I didn't think it had enough icing so I improvised.

Hayes helped me to prepare the counter with flour to roll out the dough!


She even helped me by sampling the icing!




I thought she turned out real pretty.


Our friend Hayes even came over to celebrate with us!


And look someone found the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment